What we do
The following is a short list of the type of activities undertaken by NFPB over recent years:
- Organising conferences, workshops and other events, for Friends and others.
- Producing written publications, from printed to web-based materials.
- Publicising opportunities for engagement and action on peace concerns, through our membership, through our links with Quaker meetings and through our web-resources
See our Calendar for NFPB and other events
In March 2010 we set up three project groups, focussing on:
- Building Peace in Diverse Britain
- Promoting Sustainable Security
- Supporting young people as peacemakers
- We also have a group doing some work preparatory to our centenary in 2013
Networking and communications
We maintain working links with a number of other bodies, Quaker and non-Quaker. For example, we are members of the Network for Peace, the International Peace Bureau, Scotland’s for Peace and the Network of Christian Peace Organisations. We have cross representation with the Peace and Disarmament Programme of Quaker Peace and Social Witness and attend the annual Peace and Service Consultations of the Europe and Middle East Section of the Friends World Committee for consultation. Other relationships with individuals and organisations arise through our work.
We maintain and regularly update a well-used website, linked with other web-based resources and try to ensure a visible presence at meetings of Britain Yearly Meeting and other Quaker events when appropriate.
See our Links page for listings of other Peace and Quaker websites