This coming six weeks will provide a number of opportunities for Friends to learn about and contribute to our centenary celebrations.
- At British Quakers’ annual gathering, Britain Yearly Meeting, Friends will have a chance to view the DISPLAY , illustrating in words and pictures, the spread of peace work undertaken by NFPB over the past 100 years. This display will be on show in the William Penn room throughout the weekend, 24-27 May. We also now have smaller versions of this which are available to buy and to borrow. Contact us
- Also at Yearly Meeting, we are running an interest-group session, on Saturday 25 May, from 5.30-6.30. We shall talk about the work we have been doing around the centenary and look ahead with participants to future priorities.
- We hope that soon after Yearly Meeting we wil be distributing to all Quaker Meetings in the North of Britain a RESOURCE PACK, with a range of materials, including our centenary booklet , essays, workshop activities, etc. If you would like additional copies of this, please contact the NFPB office .
- On 15th June in York, our main CENTENARY CONFERENCE takes place. Paul Rogers, from the Department of Peace Studies in Bradford and the Oxford Research Group, and Hannah Brock from War Resisters International, will be our main speakers and we shall have a range of workshops to consider priority areas for peace action and witness in the future. All welcome – please register using the form
- WALKING THE WALK From 30th June to 4th July, a group of walkers will walk from Richmond Castle to Menwith Hill, both in North Yorkshire. As we write, there are still spaces in the core group and we look forward to being joined by others for sections of the walk. Again, please register an interest by contacting the NFPB office .